Tweed Region, NSW
Department of Regional NSW
- Tweed Shire Council
- TAFE NSW
- Department of Primary Industries
- North Coast Local Land Services
- Health Infrastructure NSW
- Tweed farmer ‘champions’
In 2020, the Farming Together Program was invited to contribute to the Growing Agriculture in the Tweed Initiative. Working with farmers and key community representatives Farming Together:
- identified 15 drivers of change for agriculture in the region,
- outlined 12 opportunities for growth,
- provided 12 case study exemplars to inspire farmers,
- developed an implementation strategy with a 10 step success plan for farmers
- made 6 recommendations for broader scale approaches for growing agriculture in the Tweed.
The Growing Agriculture in the Tweed project is an initiative of the Tweed Valley Productive Land Use Working Group (TVPLUWG). The Working Group was established by the Tweed Valley Hospital Cross-Agency Coordination Working Group to identify and promote agriculture and food development opportunities in association with the new Tweed Valley hospital, and to facilitate agricultural opportunities throughout the broader Tweed LGA. Specifically, TVPLWG is identifying, developing and coordinating the implementation of agricultural industry development and sustainable regional productive land use growth opportunities.
To become involved in this exciting project in the Tweed, tell us about your interest in the contact form at Let’s Work Together.