Planning for Success in SuccessionWith many farmers in Australia reaching retirement age, the conversations are starting to lean towards the next steps for the family farms. Katie, Hugh and Lorraine represent this movement and in this webinar they speak openly and frankly about their two very different succession plan approaches. For Katie and Hugh, they didn’t want to leave the farm but their kids didn’t want to take over the farm so they developed leasing arrangements with young local farmers and established an organic producer co-operative. Lorraine has three sons and she wanted top make sure that regardless if one or all wanted to take over the family farm that they would all financially benefit from the farm. All speakers share their very personal and authentic stories. If you want to know how to go about succession planning, and you are interested in exploring different approaches, then this webinar is a must watch! Topics include:
- different opportunities for succession planning,
- succession models as a growth model for the business,
- the history of the Harcourt Organic Food Co-op and Moffat Falls,
- the catalysts that inspired the creation of these alternative models for succession,
- the HOFC co-op structure, values and vision,
- the importance of relationships, communications and solid legal structures,
- plus some amazing Q&A!