Join us at our national Farming Together forum in Adelaide on June 6 and feast your ears on these speakers:
- Dr Mike Briers AO, the CEO of the new Food Agility CRC, named as Australia’s chief evangelist for big data and the Internet of Things. He co-founded the agtech business, The Yield and is working to empower Australia’s food industry to grow its comparative advantage.
- Alan Crabbe, CEO of Australia’s largest crowdfunding platform, examining alternative funding options for Australian agriculture.
- Derek Baker, Professor of Agribusiness at University of New England, who will discuss ‘working with your supply chain’
- Michael Wohlstadt describing the experiences of Brand Barossa, Australia’s first regional certification scheme
- Michele Lally sharing her commitment to micro-abattoirs for ethically killed meat for small-scale producers
- Assoc Prof Leanne Wiseman from Griffith University on farmers reclaiming ownership of data
- Ken Lyons from SADA Fresh explaining how branded milk earned premium-pricing
- Carolyn Suggate sharing the journey of forming Australia’s first investment co-op for organic farming
- Deb Bogenhuber sharing the story of refugees collaborating to harvest their first maize crop … and what they are teaching researchers.
The all-day event runs from 9am to 5pm followed by networking and is no cost, due to Australian Government support. Register on the homepage of this website.